Rice and pudding don’t seem as though they would make a perfect pair – but they are truly thick as thieves. This yummy recipe is vegan and delicious, perfect for people who can’t have dairy but who crave its creamy textures. Whether you eat it for breakfast or after dinner, this creamy treat is sure to satisfy your dairy-free tastebuds!
Berry Yummy Rice Pudding Recipe Instructions
Berry Yummy Rice Pudding Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups rice (sushi rice, jasmine, basmati are really good in pudding)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded and scraped
- 7 cups almond milk, vanilla or unsweetened
- Pinch of sea salt
- Start by rinsing the rice with water. Add rice to a medium saucepan. Add sugar, vanilla bean and pod, salt, and 1 cup of almond milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the milk is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Gradually add 5 more cups of almond milk, about 1/2 cup at a time. Let the milk absorb before adding more.
- After 25 minutes, the rice pudding will be thick and creamy.
- Let cool, and stir in the last cup of milk. Remove vanilla bean and spoon into a pretty glass. Garnish with fresh berries, or a spoonful of preserves.