I think the best thing about Thanksgiving and the huge meal we all make are the leftovers! It’s not often that you cook for half a day and then eat for a week or two. I have a whole bunch of ideas for using up leftover turkey, but I think this sandwich is one of my all-time favorites!
At our house, we always have homemade bread with our meal, but it is usually gobbled up so I stock up on ciabatta rolls (from Costco) before the big day. I hide them and don’t bring them out until the day after when I make this sandwich.
Use your leftover cranberry sauce…it doesn’t matter what type you have (whole berry, from scratch, from a can…whatever)it all works. Throw in a little garlic, mayo, and jalapeno to make the most amazing spread for the sandwich.
Serve up a little side of dressing or sweet potatoes to go with it. Oh man… my mouth is seriously watering right now!
Serve with other turkey day leftovers!
Delicious Ideas for after Thanksgiving Instructions
leftover turkey sandwich with spicy cranberry aioli recipe
- 4 large rolls
- 4 turkey slices
- 4 slices of provolone cheese (or whatever cheese you like)
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno (seeded, deveined, and finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- In a small mixing bowl combine cranberry sauce, mayonnaise, jalape¤o, and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Slices rolls in half and add a slice of turkey and cheese and smear the cranberry aioli on the top half of the sandwich. Place in a medium warm pan and gently warm both sides (note: you are not making a grilled sandwich, just gently warming it up). Top with a baby kosher pickle (if desired).