This super simple and versatile recipe is satisfying and fun to eat and make. It can be breakfast, a snack or a healthy dessert. Kids can also assemble these banana blankets with adult supervision.
I believe we all want the best for our kids. Providing them with nutritious food is essential, but not always as fun as feeding them gooey, sweet, snacks which lack even the slightest iota of nutrition. As a grandma, this is doubly hard as I recall from my childhood how much I loved going to my grandmother’s house to be smothered with sugary brownies, cupcakes, and cookies. I once spent a week with her when my parents were on vacation, and easily talked her into a chocolate sundae every night after dinner. My grandmother was the sweetest person (no pun intended), however to this day it is a struggle for me not to do the same with my own grandkids. After being busted numerous times by their parents, I am in recovery from my “grandma=rich, sugary treats” addiction.
Bananas are rich in carbohydrates and naturally sweet. They provide potassium, magnesium , and pectin, a soluble fiber which contains probiotics that encourages healthy bacterial growth in the bowel. I guess these are good for all of us!
Fried Banana Wrap Recipe Instructions
fried banana wrap recipe
- 1/2 cup soft cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 bananas
- 3 whole wheat tortillas
- In a small Zak mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, cinnamon and honey until it has a smooth consistency.
- Spoon this mixture onto a whole wheat tortilla, and spread it evenly.
- Place a whole banana in the center and wrap it snugly.
- In a small amount of olive oil, grill the wrapped banana until it begins to brown and crisp on the outside.
- Remove the banana blanket from the pan and serve immediately. It can be served whole or cut into bite-size pieces. I usually consider one half to be a serving.