If you want healthy snack options for your kids to start out 2017 on the right (healthy) foot – these fruit shish kebabs are sure to be a hit! These fruit shish kebabs are simple and fun too – so it’s a perfect recipe to get those cabin fever-prone kids involved in activities at the end of winter break.
You can select any variety of fruit depending on the season, and what’s available at your local market. After rinsing the fruit (this apple-shaped colander will do the trick), prepare the fruit by chopping the larger fruit into similar-sized pieces. You can use a melon baller for honeydew and cantaloupe. Now separate the cut up fruit – this caddy and these prep bowls are the perfect size to divide the fruit.
1 : 2017-01-fruit-shish-kebabs-k2t.jpg
Set out skewers. Pattern the same fruits the same way each time so they look uniform. This divided tray features three compartments to keep the different types of fruit separate as you work. Enjoy!
2 : 2017-01-fruit-shish-kebabs-moso.jpg
fruit shish kebabs recipe instructions
Yield: 20 servings
Total Time: 20 minutes
These fruit shish kebabs are sure to be a (healthy) hit with kids and adults, alike!
- Carton of strawberries (sliced vertically)
- Cantaloupe and honeydew melon (use a baller for uniform look)
- Carton of blackberries and/or blueberries
- Cubed pineapple
- Line up bowls with similar sized pieces of cut up fruit (grapes, cantaloupe, pineapple, watermelon – depending on the season).
- Set out skewers. Pattern the same fruits the same way each time so they look uniform