Spring is in the air and my kids could not be more excited. They love the warmer weather and the changes in nature they see. I thought a fun way to celebrate the season would be by making some simple Spring Popcorn. This easy recipe takes popcorn up a notch and the best thing about it is that kids can help make it!
To make Spring Popcorn you will need some popcorn, pastel colored candy melts and flower shaped sprinkles
Have an adult melt the candy melts in the microwave. This takes under two minutes. When it is ready, you will be able to stir it easily and it will have a smooth consistency. The bowls will be hot, so carefully supervise children for the next step or switch to a different bowl.
Your child can scoop spoonfuls of the melted candy on the popcorn and stir well to distribute it evenly. My kids took turns mixing in the various colors.
Then it was time to pour on the sprinkles and mix
The candy melts will take some time to harden. The popcorn should be ready to eat in about 30 minutes. This popcorn is a hit at parties. Every time I have brought it to a gathering people ask me for the recipe. So if you want to be a popular party guest or just jazz up movie night?with the family at home, Spring Popcorn is the perfect snack.
Springtime Popcorn Recipe Instructions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4-5 cups of popcorn
- 4-5 cups of popcorn
- 1/2 cup of pink candy melts
- 1/2 cup of lavender candy melts
- Make 4-5 cups of popcorn (the amount typically found in a microwave bag)
- Melt 1/2 cup of pink candy melts in bowl in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Repeat in separate bowls with green and lavender candy melts.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melted candy melts over the popcorn. Stir continuously as you do this.
- Shake on the flower sprinkles while stirring the popcorn mixture.
- Allow the candy coated popcorn to harden for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!